Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Bird's Nest Ice aka Es Sarang Burung!!!




I think this is the easiest kind of dessert that everyone could make. Yet, it is so good...especially to drink during the hot weather (well, actually any cold dessert will do as well).
Anyway, I found it's a perfect solution for those in my office who didn't or consume alcohol-based dessert. Please do bear in mind, I made this for around 15 people.
Here's the how-to....

Ingredients:
2 package of jelly powder (around 14 gr) - any color will do
250 gr of sugar - feel free to adjust
1800 ml of water
Lychee or longan
Cocopandan or Rose syrup (I liked Marjan brand)

  • Dissolve jelly powder and sugar into water. Keep stirring until it's boiled. Pour it into mould. Refrigerate until hard.
  • When it's hard, cut into rectangle. Grate until resemble of fine string.
  • Mixed syrup with water. Add in jelly string and longan
  • Serve cold

I found it's better to use small grate because it will make the string look more delicate and resemble to real bird's nest. Also, when I went to spupermarket to buy ingredients, I found that they sell this egg-like jelly. It's really cute and it's goes well with the theme.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Howdy,

When ever I surf on web I come to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]You have really contiributed very good info here alraslife.blogspot.com. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. Are you really serious about your weight?. Recent Scientific Research presents that about 90% of all U.S. adults are either fat or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.